As a keynote speaker and leadership trainer working with leaders, it is so rewarding when emerging leaders start to realize they’re having an impact. Boom! Whether it’s a:
- conversation with a member needing some direction
- email from someone who wants to take on a larger leadership role
- loud round of applause from team members after speaking at a conference
- note of appreciation
all of these are gentle reminders of their leadership impact.
It doesn’t just happen. The results come after you choose to Sit Up! It’s intentionally being responsible for your choices. Not just at work, not just at home, but in every corner of your life.
When you expand your sphere of influence you intentionally commit to the things you ultimately want to be.
It’s so much more than a list of to-do’s. It’s choosing what you want to be.
Invest the time to clearly identify what you’re creating. Who or what do you want to be?
- Present in the lives of others
- Open to new opportunities
- Physically fit
- Supportive partner
- Avid adventurer
- Trusted, confidant
- Stable, encouraging parent
- Pleasant human being
The list is endless. It’s your choice. Sit Up! Own your choices to help you make a difference.
@2017 Patty Hendrickson, Certified Speaking Professional, Patty@PattyHendrickson.com