Are You Proud of the Person On Your Pillow?
Very simple question, and an awesome gauge for checking your leadership legacy. Before you close your eyes and head to the land of deep sleep, ask yourself the question — Are You Proud of the Person on Your Pillow?
Quickly review the montage of your day:
- Did you make good choices?
- Did you spend time where you needed to spend time?
- Did you connect with others on a REAL level?
- Did you follow thru on commitments you said you would?
- Is the world a better place because you showed up today?
The answers give you an honest grade of your leadership legacy. Your significant leadership needs to shine. And you need to commit to making that happen.
If your answer is YES, I am proud of the person on my pillow! You’re on the right road. You’re significantly increasing your chances of creating a positive leadership legacy. If the answer is not an emphatic “YES”, what will you commit to do differently tomorrow to start down the positive path?
The leadership lessons are toughest when we are brutally honest with ourselves when no one else is watching.
I hope you are proud of the person on your pillow! Sweet dreams!