Every action impacts others. We are busy preparing for three huge professional events and are trying so hard to do excellent work. A few of my themes for these events are:
- Are you proud of yourself when no one else is watching?
- Are you just doing it, or are you doing it well?
- What kind of legacy are you creating?
- Are you fulfilling your commitments to the best of your abilities?
- Based upon your work, would they select or elect you again?
It is so easy and often expected to smile, nod, and take on more responsibilities. The challenge is working to make it excellent — to move the project to a better place — to set the example of how it should be done.
Jackie Robinson certainly was a stellar example of living an exemplary life. He said,
“A life is not important except in the impact it has on others.”
I’m proud to share with others in a safe space where we honestly talk about how to be better and challenge one another to discover our amazing potential. What we do to prepare will have a tremendous impact on others. I need to be the kind of example these aspiring leaders deserve.
What are you doing today that will be a positive impact on others?